Wednesday, November 1, 2017

[Review] Past Perfect by Leila Sales

Add to Goodreads
Publication04/10/2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pages: 336
Source: Bought
Genre: YA {Contemporary}

Violence | Sexual Content | Profanity

Book Tunes

My Rating
4/5 stars
My thoughts

After having read two tiresome/dreary/heavy literary/classic novels, I was so in the mood for a cute, swoony summer read! As I scanned my bookshelves, my eyes fell on Past Perfect, which I think first hit my radar when Nomes (inkcrush) raved about it in full, and I thought, Yes, it's finally time to lay this bad boy out! And it was everything, absolutely everything! 

This book was so cute! I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Chelsea and her summer at Essex. I've never been to a reenactment historical village before so it was fascinating to read a book set in one.

I liked Chelsea and could relate to her difficulty in moving on with the past. I liked her friendship with Fiona. Reading about her family and life growing up was engaging and fun. And the whole whole war thing that went on with Essex and Reenactment Land, and especially with Dan... all of it was just the best escape away from reality, it was sort of like I had gone on vacation myself! 

Past Perfect was adorable, swoony, fun and the absolute best to kick me into gear for summer. Highly recommended for a quick and enjoyable read. :)

**(Sorry for the short review, I don't have too much to say about this one. I really did enjoy it though! Read Nomes' review for a more thorough scoop!)


Quotes

Favourites:
"Dan looked furious. 'No, when I ask you what you're thinking, it's because I want to know what you're thinking.'
And with that sentence, I loved him. I sat on the ground, bruised and muddy and spat-upon and I just loved him. In a weird way, that was one of the nicest things that anyone had ever said to me. (295)
Buy

AUSTRALIA: x


INTERNATIONAL: Abe BooksBook Depository | Wordery



I have received this review copy in return for an honest review.




Related Posts with Thumbnails