Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Books in Colour (5): Another month, another stack of books


MBiC is a fortnightly post book haul feature, and is inspired by Kristi (The Story Siren) and Alea (Pop Culture Junkie). I love looking at book covers, and especially their colours, and that is where my idea came from.

~~~~~

16th of September 2012 (I was supposed to post this last week) ~ Notes

This particular book haul is kind of set up like my past book haul posts (IMM). Just not enough colourful book spines this time around, but I'm happy with what I got. The reading and reviewing has been going slow lately, but what's new?


Note: All release dates are in the format (dd/mm/yyyy), click on images to zoom in, all book links go to Goodreads.

* = Up for swap


For Review

Thanks to...

Allen & Unwin, Hachette & Scholastic


ARC of The Raven Boys! Awesome. :D I just started reading this one and right from the get-go Stiefvater's writing prowess is showing. I've got high hopes for this one!

The Convent sounds like something I'd enjoy. Also, Aussie author, guys!

The Edge of Nowhere came out of nowhere. *crickets* :| Thanks for sending Judy!

Alright, so. It's actually not the vodka I'm reviewing, which actually takes the pressure off me as I have crappy tolerance for alcohol anyways. The One Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window and Disappeared is a mouthful. And when I saw something small still in the package (which I was about to throw in the recycling heap), wrapped up in bubble wrap, I knew I'd been sent something amazing. And there it was. I cracked up laughing. Thanks to Allen & Unwin and whoever thought of including that in the package! And I'm reading this book now and it is HILARIOUS! It's not YA but I'd say it has crossover aspects, if not in the themes of it at least the writing style and humour.
    Bought
    About time I grabbed a copy of Fire and Thorns. I preferred the US cover over the UK, thus the wait. And I'm still steadily going through the Tomorrow series by John Marsden--so good! After the end of #3 I immediately went on the 'net to buy the next in the series. Actually, that's a lie. I was in shock and in tears before I was able to do anything but be in shock and in tears.


    Vintage Classics




    I love the Vintage Classics line (Random House)! I only have a handful so far (these + I Capture the Castle, which was shown in my last MBiC post). . . . Aren't they amazing? The pages seem high-quality and the book stays open pretty well. ;D I'm just IN LOVE! I bought these from Booktopia (I wanted that promo tote! ><).

    I just finished reading A Brief History of Montmaray, which I loved. A review will be up here on the 25th of September. This was a review copy courtesy of the author Michelle Cooper. I actually commented on her blog, because I was on a Vintage Classics high and found out her book was on the lists, and then she offered me a copy. Such sweetness! I'm just relieved that I don't have much anything negative to say about the book.

    I also finished Little Women a couple of weeks ago--finally! I'd been reading that since the very beginning of the year. When I was reading those final pages though, I was wanting more. I'm more than happy that there is Good Wives (and Jo's Boys!) to get to...

    And of course, The Secret Garden. 1) That cover, and 2) It's a true childhood classic! That I have not read, and isn't that a bit sad.

    Q: Please tell me I'm not alone on this. Anyone else enchanted by the Vintage Classics titles? Which ones do you own/want?



    Happy reading everybody! Comment below.
    Share with me what books you got! :)

    Related Posts with Thumbnails