Sunday, August 26, 2012

Books in Colour (4): Showing my 3-month Haul


MBiC is a fortnightly post book haul feature, and is inspired by Kristi (The Story Siren) and Alea (Pop Culture Junkie). I love looking at book covers, and especially their colours, and that is where my idea came from.

~~~~~

26th of August 2012 ~ Notes

It has been 3 months since I last did one of these.This might not be all the books I've received, but I tried.



I'm pretty happy with this rainbow. :P I'm really tired, so I'm heading to bed.
Click the images to embiggen.


Note: All release dates are in the format (dd/mm/yyyy), click on images to zoom in, all book links go to Goodreads.

* = Up for swap


For Review:

Thanks to...

Allen & Unwin, Bloomsbury, Hachette, HarlequinTeen, HarperCollins, Macmillan, Penguin and Simon & Schuster


  • Stormdancer (#1) by Jay Kristoff (01/09/2012) - requested
  • Survive by Alex Morel (01/07/2012)  - requested 
  • Throne of Glass (#1) by Sarah J. Maas (02/08/2012) - requested
  • Losing Lila (#2) by Sarah Alderson (02/08/2012) - requested
I've read Pushing the Limits. I could not stop reading; it's a kind of gritty book to read, but there's so much in there that I loved. I highly recommend it, review to come.

Also have read Between the Lines. A fun and magical read, beautiful in its execution of the notion that storybook characters are real. Read my review here!

Survive was pretty good - it was intense and thrilling. Read my review here!

The Girl in the Clockwork Collar review. Lots of fun, guys!

Lastly, there's Throne of Glass. LOOOOOVE! Review to come. That is all you need to know right now. Go and read the novellas.

I'll be reading Speechless, Losing Lila, and The Keepers #2 soon. I'm currently reading Stormdancer, which is slow-going at the start, but I'm getting hooked!

Bought:

  • Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
    I snagged this at Fishpond for $15.70 or so. Not exactly cheap, ay. Oh well, I haven't bought too many books over the three months... This one I was desperate for. And it looks beautiful.
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
    I received a copy the same week my preorder of this US pb arrived. How fair is that? Oh well. I love both covers, but this one's pretty cool because it has french flaps.
  • The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder
    I love this cover. It actually reminds me of The Fault In Our Stars. I read the first chapter, and I'll say in one word this book is going to be interesting.
  • Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
    This book is really up my alley. Hopefully I won't be disappointed!
  • I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
    My first Vintage Classics title. This one has such a lovely cover. Cannot wait to read this. It reminds me a bit of Jo from
    Little Women.

I've already read Daughter of Smoke and Bone - a phenomenal read that any paranormal fan should read without fear of disappointment. I'd even recommend tentative readers of paranormal to give this a try. It is so unique and beautifully written. I'll get to writing the review eventually. =P

I'm still trying to be very selective with what I choose to buy. I tend to buy ones that have been well-received in the community, so don't let me down, you guys! I'm still thinking about Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. Cover-wise.

Won:

This is from Hachette's Date a Book giveaway that was held in June/July (?). Thanks so much! I'll definitely be reading Anna Dressed in Blood sometime in the future and it's fortunate that I was sent A Witch in Winter, since I was sent a review copy of the sequel. Does anyone want Embrace (I've already read it) or Twisted Heart? Let me know in the comments!




Happy reading everybody! Comment below.
Share with me what books you got! :)


Q: It's John Green's birthday! Okay, that's not a question... but yay, he's older than ever before! :D

... Yeah, that's it. Comment!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails