Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (40): Dancing in the storm

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


(click on the cover to go to Goodreads)



AU/UK Cover

Stormdancer ~ Jay Kristoff
September 2012!! ~ (AU) Pan Macmillan

My pitch
Blood red skies; a world impoverished by technological advance (industrialisation!!). A thunder tiger . . . and a sixteen year old girl who will change everything.

Why am I waiting on this?

Oh how I love both of these covers! :D I BEG you to go and check out the full synopsis of this book - it sounds ridiculously good! I have a feeling - going by that synopsis alone - that this book is going to be really descriptive and thoughtfully imagined. I'm just now getting into steampunk, so this is definitely a welcome addition to the bunch and by the sounds of it it's bound to stand out! Also I'm hoping that the Asian influences run farther than just the names of things.

Even if this book sounded like complete rubbish I'd want to read it IF ONLY BECAUSE JAY KRISTOFF SOUNDS AWESOME! His blog, guys. He's got that kind of humour that resonates with me and he just seems altogether chill and laid back... very Aussie. Which he is. He's Aussie, guys! An Aussie author got an international deal. For his debut! If that's not a sure-fire way to tell that this book's going to big, I don't know what will.

US Cover

-------------------------------------------

Thanks for visiting.

Comment with your picks and share the excitement!



Related Posts with Thumbnails