Thursday, January 12, 2012

YA Historical Fiction Challenge 2012 & January is for the past


I'm such a fan of historical YA fiction, and I'm glad that Sab over at YA Bliss seems to feel the same way, since she did make this challenge a reality. I've already started off the year on good terms with my historical YA books, so I've deemed January 2012 my personal month for historical YA. With a couple others sprinkled in.

Level 2, I choose you! (because it rhymes)

This means that I solemnly (well, actually I'm giddy because I love HYAF) swear that I shall read at least 10 historical YA book in 2012.
Level 2: 10 books
My list so far includes (own | read | intend to own in 2012):
  • Plain Kate/Wood Angel by Erin Bow
  • Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys (re-reads count . . . right?)
  • The Girl in the Steel Corset (#1) by Kady Cross
  • The Luxe (#1, Luxe) & The Lucky Ones (#3, BYT) by Anna Godbersen
  • Vixen & Ingenue (#1, #2) by Jillian Larkin
  • Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
  • What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell
  • Faithful by Janet Fox & Forgiven (#1, #2) by Janet Fox
  • In the Shadow of the Lamp by Suzanne Dunlap
  • Emerald by Karen Wallace
  • Guardian of the Gate & Circle of Fire (#2, #3, Prophecy) by Michelle Zink
  • When We Were Two by Robert Newton
  • Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
  • The Jewel and the Key by Louise Spiegler
  • Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis
Progress count: 3/10

I'm a paperback book buyer, so lots of HB releases in 2012 will be part of my 2013 Historical YA challenge. ;)

If you're planning on reading ANY of the following books, or you're participating too, please do friend me on Goodreads! I'd love to discuss and share opinions on historical YA. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails