Saturday, December 24, 2011

Whoa, where did I go?

This has nothing to do with anything.
 
Hah! So much for the Faves of Twentyeleven shindig [I have the lists, but the internet has just been extremely slow!]. I just didn't feel like posting anything, checking email or even looking at anything book-related online.

I have been reading some AMAZING books lately; if anyone were to check my Goodreads (which I actually do keep updated--not like my 'Currently Reading' section on the sidebar XD), they'd know that not only have I completed my reading challenge at 80 books for the year ~ I've also finally read The Hunger Games! As well as The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, and only just half an hour ago did I put down Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez.

I would recommend any of them to fans of their respective genres/themes. The blog will be on a mini-hiatus for now. My review of TOUCH OF POWER will go up on the 27th--it was supposed to auto-post a couple of days ago, but Blogger has been funny on me lately (it saved as a draft).

But this does. Hello, rain books!
After the 27th, there'll be one challenges post, and then I'll meet you all over the new year jump.

:) So how have you guys been? Excited about tomorrow?

Let me know what you've been reading lately! Link to any interesting posts you want me to check out. Google Reader has hit the 1000+ mark. Again. Sorry I haven't been commenting! 

Also, thanks for all the comments. Alerts get sent to my email, but I haven't been checking my email much either. :/ Basically I've just been a completely lazy blogger.

My December Reading List
Format: Author - Title (Date finished, Rating)
  • Carol M. Tanzman - dancergirl (1st, 3.5 stars)
  • Caragh O'Brien - Prized (3rd, 5 stars)
  • Gwendolyn Heasley - Where I Belong (4th, 3.5 stars)
  • Kirsten Hubbard - Like Mandarin (5th, 4 stars)
  • Maria V. Snyder - Touch of Power (10th, 5 stars)
  • Kirsten Hubbard - Wanderlove (12th, 5 stars)
  • Sophie McKenzie - Girl, Missing (14th, 3.5 stars)
  • Guadalupe Garcia McCall - Under the Mesquite (16th, 4 stars)
  • Marissa Meyer - Cinder (19th, 4 stars)
  • Michelle Hodkin - The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (22nd, 4-4.5 stars)
  • Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games (23rd, 5 stars)
  • Jessica Martinez - Virtuosity (24th, 4.5 stars)
Highlight books of December


Last 3 books of 2011
~ The Dead of Night by John Marsden (#2 of the Tomorrow series) -- currently reading
~ Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs
~ The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti


Early (Jan-May) 2012 book releases that are sitting on the top of my wishlist
~ Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard (love <3)
~ A Million Suns by Beth Revis (OMG! + RC)
~ Harbinger by Sara Wilson Etienne (just everything about it...the promotions, the cover, the synopsis--and it's a debut!)
~ The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen
~ The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jessica Rothenburg
~ Insurgent by Veronica Roth (DOI!)
~ Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
~ The Last Princess
~ The Academie by Susanne Dunlap
~ The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith (RC?)
~ Fated by Sarah Alderson (RC?)
~ Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

~ Orchards by Holly Thompson (the PB release~I've been waiting for it!)
~ Stay by Deb Caletti (PB release)
~ We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han (UK PB to complete the series, which means I will finally get to read the Summer series, for summer 2012!)
~ The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (PB)
~ Moonglass by Jessi Kirby (PB)

and so on.



Merry Christmas to those who celebrate--


Happy New Year
& 
Keep
Reading!

Note: none of these images are mine. I own NOTHING!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails