Sunday, June 19, 2011

In My Mailbox (34-37): A MONTH of mail


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren, and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie! Participants are required to tell all about what they've received in the mail--anything bookish!

~~~~~

Due to clinical placements and exams, I decided to just clump up an IMM for the month. And now here we are. Hehe. I'm not hoping to excel in my results, because I procrastinated like wildfire, but I'm praying that I've passed. Most of you book bloggers are really pedantic about good grades, but I honestly don't care. Not with my course, no one cares.

I have forgotten in which order/week I received these books, so it's all just a jumble.

Ahem.

Continue! :D


* All release dates go in the format (dd/mm/yy)

* Any books I have already read will have a sort of mini-review and the rating I have given it up until now written.

* = Up for swap

For Review:

Thank you Allen & Unwin and Bloomsbury, Pan Macmillan, Penguin, Harper Collins and Hachette for the review copies! Might I add I only requested TWO of these! I'm doing pretty well. :P




Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James
(30/05/11, 300 pp., Allen & Unwin, RRP $17.99 - unsolicited)
I've heard really mixed things about this book. Still, I like thrillers. I hope this doesn't disappoint.

The Shattering by Karen Healey /NZ
(27/06/11, 330 pp., Allen & Unwin, RRP $17.99 - unsolicited)
I love the design of this one. Look at it in person. Another thriller-y book. Sounds good, and this is the same author of Guardian of the Dead

The Keepers: Museum of Thieves by Lian Tanner
(27/06/11, 380 pp., Allen & Unwin, RRP $15.99 - unsolicited)
This is MG, but I'm really excited about this book. If I can help it, I'll be reading this next . . .

Flawless by Lara Chapman
(10/06/11, 260 pp., Bloomsbury, RRP $15.99 - requested)
2011 Debut! ;) This book sounds like one of the pleasure-reads variety, and I like that it hones in on beauty in pop culture.

Belle's Song by K.M. Grant
(03/04/11, 300 pp., Pan Macmillan, RRP $16.99 - requested)
I do like a good historical YA novel. But I'm not so sure, looking at all those long 10-30+ page chapters and passages. We shall see.

It's Not Summer Without You (Summer #2) by Jenny Han *
(27/06/11, 270 pp., Penguin, RRP $16.95 - unsolicited)
I already bought a copy weeks ago! :/ Anyone want to swap for it?

Alaska by Sue Saliba
(27/06/11, 150 pp., Penguin, RRP $19.95 - unsolicited)
Review publication: 28/06 - "Its quiet prose both captivates and vividly illustrates the atmosphere that would be expected of the place of Alaska. The characters, beautifully developed and realistically portrayed . . . "

Silvermay by James Moloney
(01/06/11, 430 pp., HarperCollins, RRP $24.99 - unsolicited)
It looks great. The length of this book has just intimidated me, so I haven't read it yet.

Jessie ♥ NYC by Keris Stainton
(01/07/11, 240 pp., Hachette, RRP $16.99 - unsolicited)
Review publication: 30/06 - "I'm surprised by how I enjoyed this book . . . perfect for those who share that same interest [in New York City]."

Tiger's Quest (Tiger's Curse #2) by Colleen Houck
(01/06/11, 480 pp., Hachette, RRP $16.99 - unsolicited)
I still haven't read Tiger's Curse! I'll get there eventually. Just love the covers.

Bought:


All Unquiet Thing by Anna Jarzab (preorder)
Forgiven by Janet Fox (preorder)
By the Time you Read This, I'll Be Dead by Julie Anne Peters (preorder, PB)
The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti
Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
Gimme a Call by Sarah Mlynowski (preorder)

Lots of contemp goodies! Hope one of these days I get to read one of them haha. These were all preordered from, surprise, surprise - The Book Depository. I do have some shame, thanks for asking ...

Total: $51.84


Dog Loves Books by Louise Yates
By the Time you Read This, I'll Be Dead by Julie Anne Peters (HC) *
Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz
Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick
Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway
Bad Girls Don't Die (PB) * 4/5

These ones were bought at All Books 4 Less.

Total: $23.44

When you consider that this is over one month, and that I don't spend anything on clothes or other material items, it doesn't look as bad. Right? But geez did this blow a bomb on my TBR...

Won:



Enchanted Ivy by Sarah Beth Durst
Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Angel Star (#1) by Jennifer Murgia
Lemiscate (#2) by Jennifer Murgia 
In the Shadow of the Lamp by Susanne Dunlap
Stop Pretending by Sonya Sones

Thanks Epic Rat, __, Stasia Kehoe and Cindy!

Swapped

A Map of the Known World by Lisa Ann Sandell 
Die for Me by Amy Plum 
Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

Thanks to Nomes!

Swag:

I got Audition (Stasia Kehoe) bookmarks x4, as well as 3~ new TBD bookmarks.

Netgalley / Galley Grab:

Netgalley


Galley Grab



Q: Do you have "publisher loyalty"? Is there a certain publisher whose books you just can't seem to dislike?


Happy Reading! Comment with your IMM links!! :D

~~~


Since last IMM...4 weeks ago



Related Posts with Thumbnails