Sunday, March 27, 2011

In My Mailbox (26) or The One Where I Bought Stuff!



In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren, and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie! Participants are required to tell all about what they've received in the mail--anything bookish!

~~~~~

I've finally posted TWO MAILBOXES IN A ROW! Haha. It's been a while since that's happened. Anyway, not much in the way of physical books that I wasn't expecting, which is fine. I received some GREAT titles, that I've been waiting for for ages. Let's get started, shall we?


* All release dates go in the format (dd/mm/yy)

* Any books I have already read will have a sort of mini-review and the rating I have given it up until now written.

For Review:

---

Bought:

Descriptions in clockwise order (from top-left)

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

(01/05/08, up., Eos)
I've recently watched the Miyazaki film of Howl's Moving Castle again (with my reluctant sister), and thought I could do with a little more of the magic kind of fantasy.

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
(03/06/10, UK, Puffin)
I've wanted to read this series for SO long! I loved Han's "debut", Shug, and fell in love with its innocence and charm. I've also pre-ordered It's Not Summer Without You (also UK ed.); I'll probably be reading this in December, over in summer!

Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
(11/01/11, Delacorte Books)
FINALLY!!! I am psyched to read this book, and I'm so glad that I finally got around to buying a copy because it looks fabulous. Yeah. So I'll be reading this soon, hopefully.

The Liar Society by Lisa & Laura Roecker
(01/03/11, Sourcebooks Fire)
I'll admit I actually didn't love the cover at first, but now I'm head over heels. Pink hair? Dead girl e-mails? That is all.


The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
(02/11/11, Little Brown Books)
Here's a tidbit about me: I buy some books because of swag. This is partly the reason why I bought a copy, so that I can read it with my Mockingbird-SHAPED bookmark. This sounds and looks great. There are mixed reviews, so we'll see what I think of it.


Won:


---


Swapped:

---

Swag:

---

Netgalley:


Where She Went by Gayle Forman (05/04/11, Dutton)!!!
Two Moon Princess by Carmen Ferreiro-Esteban (15/04/10, Tanglewood)
The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross (31/05/11, Harlequin Teen)
Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic (16/01/12, Houghton Miffler Court)
Wherever You Go by Heather Davis (14/11/11, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)



Simon & Schuster MONTHLY GALLEY GRAB:

If you wish to score yourself some free galleys for review, go to galleygrab.com.
From memory there is a registration form somewhere . . .

February 2011 Grabs


Stay by Deb Caletti (19/04/11)



March 2011 Grabs



Small Acts of Amazing Courage by Gloria Whelan (19/04/11)
We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han (26/04/11)
Seven Sorcerers by Caro King (03/05/11)
Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dartin (03/05/11)



The Great Hamster Massacre by Katie Davies (03/05/11)
The Summer of Firsts and Lasts by Terra Elan McVoy (03/05/11)
Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley (03/05/11)
The Summer Before Boys by Nora Raleigh Baskin (10/05/11)



Wrapped by Jennifer Bradbury (24/05/11)
Nerd Camp by Elissa Brent Weissman (24/05/11)
Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott (07/06/11)


A lot of great books available at the moment. I hope I get to read at least one of them! :P
Happy Reading!
~~~


Since last IMM...
  • Currently Reading:
    Chime by Franny Billingsley (still...)


Related Posts with Thumbnails