Sunday, March 20, 2011

In Mailbox (25): I'm Too Busy to Read Anyway . . .




In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren, and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie! Participants are required to tell all about what they've received in the mail--anything bookish!

~~~~~

This mailbox is over 3 weeks of mail. I technically didn't get anything YA-related this week. *sigh* So, let's get this over, shall we? (and might I add that I'm 1/4 of the way to 100 IMMs?)


* All release dates go in the format (dd/mm/yy)

* Any books I have already read will have a sort of mini-review and the rating I have given it up until now written.

For Review:



The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
(01/09/10, Hardie Grant Egmont)


I love that I was sent a loved copy of the book. (you can see the creases in the photo above)! I'm glad that I'll be able to catch up for the release of The Lost Saint in May!


The Cursed Ones by Nancy Holder & Debbie Vicue (28/03/11, Simon & Schuster)

This one was a surprise review copy. This is described as Buffy the Vampire Slayer where vampires do not sparkle, with dark romance of Twilight. I still can't say I'm thrilled about vampires, and I haven't heard much about this title (called Crusade in the US), but I quite dig the cover.

Forgotten by Cat Patrick
(01/06/11, Hardie Grant Egmont)
Debut YA '11  |  Contemp YA '11


Can you say swoon? Yeah. That's it. I wish I could dive right in, but it's not due for release until June. Which means I will be reading this in May. Or it might be another case of The DUFF (I read it while reading another book
. I just kept picking it up, one chapter at a time, and before I knew it, I'd read the whole thing and had to review it!)

Enticed (The Violet Chapters, #2) by Jessica Shirvington
(25/03/11, Hachette AU)

I remember really enjoying Embrace. While now in retrospect it wasn't nearly as amazing as I thought it was when it was fresh on my mind. It definitely imprinted in me a faith in angel books. It may be riddled with flaws, but this chick sure can rack a page-turner in the churner! This one wasn't requested, and neither was Embrace. Luckily, I've been excited about reading this one for a while! I just . . . haven't read it yet. :L


Bought:

Daughter of Xanadu by Dori Jones Yang
(11/01/11, Delacorte Press)
Historical YA  |  Debut YA '11

My review. Basically this has everything going for it. A solid sense of location with depth of research evident in the descriptions in the novel. Love the characters, love the plot, and the writing? Superb. This was a real trip.

Yes. I bought my own copy of this book, which shows just how much I loved it.

Won:


---


Swapped:

---

Swag:

---

Netgalley:


Girl Wonder by Alexa Martin (03/05/11, Hyperion)
A Tale of Two Castles by Gail Carson Levine (01/05/11, Harper Collins)
Hereafter by Tara Hudson (07/06/11, Harper Collins)
Die for Me (new cover!) by Amy Plum (10/05/11, Harper Teen)
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (31/05/11, Harper Teen)
Putting Makeup on Dead People by Jen Violi (24/05/11, Hyperion)


~~~



My new YA shelf composition. My designated "favourites" shelf is the middle, with some ARCs and upcoming reads filling up the rest of the space (1/3). The top shelf is double-layered in yummy books I have not read yet.

My second bookshelf -- the first three shelves are for nursing, fourth is my read YA books, and the last has Roald Dahl. :)


~~~


Since last IMM...
  • Currently Reading:
    Chime by Franny Billingsley


Related Posts with Thumbnails