Sunday, February 27, 2011

In My Mailbox (24): To Dead Girls & Rivalries!




In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren, and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie! Participants are required to tell all about what they've received in the mail--anything bookish!

~~~~~

I'm satisfied with the amount of books that I received in the mail this week. I got my first publisher-sent hardcover book, which will never happen again as most Australian-made books are paperback. I received cool stuff this week though!


* All release dates go in the format (dd/mm/yy)

* Any books I have already read will have a sort of mini-review and the rating I have given it up until now written.

For Review:




Chime by Franny Billingsley (01/04/11, Bloomsbury AU)


I have heard this book is awesome! All I know about this book is that it's got witches and twins, which is good enough for me. Sounds awesome, and I've been wanting to read Billingsley's first book, The Folk Keeper, ever since I saw the cute cover.

7 Souls by Barnabas Miller & Jordan Orlando (28/03/11, Penguin AUS)

God, how I've been waiting for this one to come around in the mail. People have been saying the cover is super ugly, but I don't know. I've never been too bothered by it. Perhaps maybe just because it doesn't completely reflect what I think the book will be like. We shall see, and I can say with utmost certainty that I will enjoy this one a lot. I can say that about all the books I received this week, actually.

Bought:


Rival by Sara Bennett Wealer (15/02/11, Harper Teen)    Debut YA '11    Contemp YA '11

Rival . . . hooked me in from the first line and would not let go. Wealer's characters are unforgettable . . . a top-notch example of why I continue to read contemporary novels, and if every other contemps book is this awe-inspiring and gripping, there is a very, very bright future ahead for the YA community.

Won:




Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (thanks to Jay Asher - you rock my world! Follow him around the net, people! He's amazing.), signed + a bookmark

This was actually one of the first books that I read for 'fun'. I remember reading it on the train for a few days after school, consistently perplexed by the events that transpired with Hannah Baker, and I am so glad that I have been given the ability to re-read it. I'm even more glad that this book is still as awesome as when I first read it!


Swapped:

---

Swag:

---

Netgalley:

* Just additions for this week.

---



~~~




What am I up to now?


Related Posts with Thumbnails