Sunday, December 19, 2010

In My Mailbox (20): The late edition



In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren, and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie!


Wow, I was so busy today that I didn't even check the blog! I'm so sorry. I'm not sure if anyone commented on my earlier IMM post, but if you did, I'm sorry. I was meant to update it, but I've just been busy. You know, with the future. University. :S It's so much bigger than high school! And I'll be going to it next year. It's scary... Anyway, here's this week's mailbox:




For Review:

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard (TV tie-in version)

While I have already read this book, I'll re-read so I can review it. I'm very excited to be able to read it again! Also, I may be giving this copy away. :) You know, once I get my PLL box set (I plan to ask for it for my 18th birthday).

Everyone has something to hide - especially high school juniors Spencer, Aria, Emily and Hanna.

Spencer covets her sister's boyfriend. Aria's fantasizing about her English teacher. Emily has a crush on the new girl at school. And Hanna is using some ugly tricks to stay beautiful.

But they've all kept an even bigger secret since their friend Alison vanished.

How do I know? Because I know everything about the bad girls they were and the naughty girls they are now. And guess what? I'm telling.

Dark Secrets 3: The Back Door of Midnight by Elizabeth Chandler


I have been really wanting to read something of Chandler's, and since I'd have preferred to read the series in sequence, I may not be able to review this one soon. But I will check out my library and see if I can get the first 2 books.
Psychic...or psychotic?

Anna knows her family is crazy. But when she goes to visit her aunt and uncle for the summer and learns that her uncle’s charred body has been found, her life reaches a new level of insanity. Her erratic aunt’s “psychic” abilities are exaggerated by her grief, and have become borderline violent. Alone in an unfamiliar town, Anna struggles to pick up the pieces and establish any sense of normalcy. She desperately wants to trust Zack, the cute boy next door, but even he might know more about the incident than he is letting on.

But when Anna starts feeling an inexplicable pull to the site of her uncle’s murder, she begins to believe that her family’s supernatural gifts are real after all. Torn between loyalty and suspicion, Anna is certain of only one thing: she must discover who killed her uncle or she could be next....


Thanks to:

Hachette Australia
Simon & Schuster Australia

Won:


Jumpstart the World by Catherine Ryan Hyde (thanks to Joli at Actin' Up with books)


I haven't read that much GBLT lit before, but I've always tried to keep an open mind. I'm so happy that I won a copy of this! :D
Elle is a loner. She doesn’t need people. Which is a good thing, because she’s on her own: she had to move into her own apartment so her mother’s boyfriend won’t have to deal with her.

Then she meets Frank, the guy who lives next door. He’s older and has a girlfriend, but Elle can’t stop thinking about him. Frank isn’t like anyone Elle has ever met. He listens to her. He’s gentle. And Elle is falling for him, hard.
But Frank is different in a way that Elle was never prepared for: he’s transgender. And when Elle learns the truth, her world is turned upside down.  Now she’ll have to search inside herself to find not only the true meaning of friendship but her own role in jumpstarting the world.

Tender, honest, and compassionate, Jumpstart the World is a stunning story to make you laugh, cry, and honor the power of love.

Bought:

Nothing.

Gifted:



The Prestige by Christopher Priest

When the Hipchicks went to War by Pamela Rushby

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto swag - sneak previews
(x5, as an added gift, to some of those I have not sent packages for yet, and whom I believe would be interested in a sneak preview, I'll be throwing one in. :))

I haven't heard anything about either of these books, but I'm very excited to read them. Especially the Hipchicks book, because it is Aussie YA lit! Perfect for the upcoming 2011 Aussie lit challenge. :D

My Secret Santa #2!!
I was delighted when I received the package!

I wish I could have sent some more stuff, but rest assured to BOTH of my Secret Santa-ees, I have made a note to send some swag to both of you in the coming year. And you won't know when, because where's the fun in that? ;)

Thank you so much, Misty at Misty's Book Mess!

BookMooch:


Nothing.

NetGalley:

Nothing.
~~~




What's going on this week / What happened since last IMM?


Related Posts with Thumbnails